服务热线:0535-2129195 服务邮箱:gaohe@foodmate.net
联系我们

关于天气的趣味俚语表达

   日期:2021-11-03     浏览:384    
核心提示:你的朋友让你不要chase rainbows,他的意思可不是拦着你去追彩虹。快和传实翻译小编一起来看看下面这些有趣的俚语。1 Raining ca
 你的朋友让你不要chase rainbows,他的意思可不是拦着你去追彩虹。快和传实翻译小编一起来看看下面这些有趣的俚语。

 

1 Raining cats and dogs 倾盆大雨

Where are you going, can’t you see it’s raining cats and dogs? You’ll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.

你要去哪里,你看不到下着倾盆大雨吗?如果你现在出去的话,一分钟内你就会全身湿透的。

They didn’t go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.

他们没有去主题公园,因为几乎一整天都在下雨。

 

2 Face like thunder 火冒三丈

I don’t know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocer’s shop.

我不知道发生了什么事,我只是看到一个火冒三丈的男人正在从杂货店追一个小男孩。

She didn’t say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we haven’t seen her ever since.

她什么也没说,但她火冒三丈;她离开时砰地关上了门,从此我们再也没见过她了。

 

3 Storm in a teacup 小题大做

Their debate was only a storm in a teacup – actually neither of them took the problem too serious.

他们的辩论不过是小题大做而已——事实上,他们两人都没有把问题看得太严肃。

The reports about the demonstration are a storm in a teacup – there wasn’t as much violence there as they say.

关于示威游行的报道简直是小题大做——那里没有他们所说的那么多暴力。

 

4 Chase rainbows 痴人说梦

My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.

我妻子从不相信我会成为一名执行经理;她总是认为我只是在痴人说梦。

Can’t you see you’re only chasing rainbows? There’s no way to get this girl marry you.

难道你看不到你只是在痴人说梦吗?这个女孩根本不会嫁给你。

 

5 Lightning fast 快如闪电

I don’t think we can keep up with him, he’s got a lightning fast bike.

我想我们跟不上他,他有一辆闪电般快的自行车。

The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.

抢劫只持续了一分钟,然后强盗消失在一辆闪电般快速的汽车里。

 

6 Head in the clouds 胡思乱想

Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.

你妹妹恋爱了吗?我看见她整天在那走来走去,胡思乱想。

You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things you’ve done to her.

如果你认为玛丽会在你对她所做的坏事之后参加你的生日聚会,那你就大错特错了。

 

7 Snowed under 手头繁忙

I’d love to help you, but I’m completely snowed under at the moment.

我很乐意帮助你,但我现在太忙了。

Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you aren’t snowed under, it’s not so urgent.

你能来浴室修理一下水龙头吗?但是当然,你不忙的时候再来,不是很紧急。

 

8 Under the weather 心情不好或身体不适

Do you mind if I stay out of work today? I’m feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.

你介意我今天不上班吗?我感觉不舒服,我可能得了流感。

I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?

我听说你昨天病了。你现在感觉好点了还是仍然不舒服?

 

(来源:沪江英语)

烟台传实翻译
 
 
更多>同类新闻资讯

推荐图文
推荐新闻资讯
点击排行

经理:高鹤女士
座机:0535-2129195
QQ:2427829122
E-mail:gaohe@foodmate.net
标准翻译库:http://www.trans1.cn/translation


传实翻译
鲁ICP备19009238号-1 (c)2008-2019 食品伙伴网 All Rights Reserved

在线咨询 拨打电话