Hello!
你好啊
- Come in. - So, uh, Connie is, uh,
-请进 -所以康妮…
okay with my being here?
不介意我来吧
Don't worry about it or, you know, mention it.
不用担心 也不用再提起
Well, here's a pineapple.
来 送你们一颗凤梨
It's a symbol of hospitality dating back to the 1700s.
18世纪的时候它代表着款待
Thank you. How…
谢谢你 真是太…
tropical.
热带风情了
Dr. Sturgis, hello!
斯特吉斯博士 欢迎你来
Hi!
你好啊
Ooh. Did you know the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality?
你知道凤梨是款待的象征吗
As a matter of fact, I did.
我还真的知道
You're welcome!
不用谢哦
哈哈,你知道是哪种水果了吗?没错,就是菠萝/凤梨pineapple。
同时我们也能学到“好客”的说法,也就是hospitality /ˌhɒspɪˈtæləti/。
其他重点:
…的标志 a symbol of… /ˈsɪmbl/
追溯到 date back to
热带的 tropical /ˈtrɒpɪkl/
事实上 as a matter of fact /ˈmætə(r)/
不用谢 You're welcome.
(来源:沪江英语)