对话原文
Aw, look at you.
瞧瞧你
Too excited about your new job to sleep?
因为新工作而兴奋得睡不着觉吗
Yup, I can't wait.
是啊 我迫不及待了
I organized my briefcase.
我整理好了我的公文包
I've got pencils, paper and a power bar for,
我带了铅笔 纸 还有能量棒
you know, power.
为了补充能量
- Good for you. - Yeah.
-真不错 -是啊
But I'll probably get killed in a freak accident
但我可能在到办公室之前
before I even get to the office.
就死于一场事故
Why would you say that?
你为什么要这样说
Because that's how my life works.
因为我的生活就是这样
I'm starting a summer job at a big law firm.
我在一家大律所开始暑期工作
This would totally be the day a plane drops out of the sky
今天绝对会有一架飞机从天而降
and squishes me like a bug.
像压虫子一样把我压扁
I see.
我懂了
今日重点:
太……以至于不能做:too……to do
公文包:briefcase
能量棒:power bar,也可以说energy bar
丧命:get killed
暑假打工:summer job
压扁:squish
虫子:bug。也可指“漏洞”
(来源:沪江英语)